MAPI/EWS is a data synchronization protocol bundle that seamlessly syncs SmarterMail Email, Contacts, Calendars and Tasks with eM Client. (Using the EWS portion of the bundle.)
NOTE: Before you can configure a mailbox to sync using the MAPI/EWS technology, you must activate the MAPI/EWS add-on. For more information, please refer to the KB article Activate MAPI/EWS.
Follow these steps to set up eM Client to sync using MAPI/EWS:
- Within eM Client, click on the Menu >> Accounts.
- When the New Account modal opens, enter your full SmarterMail email address in the Automatic Setup section and click the green Start Now button.
- Enter your account password and click the green Continue button.
- Make any necessary modifications to "Your Name" -- which is essentially its friendly name -- to be used within eM Client and click Next.
- Select your desired encryption options for use with eM Client, and click Next.
- eM Client will run through and configure the account within the client.
- Click Finish to complete the configuration.
- The new account's info will be displayed. You'll notice that the new account has an "Exchange Web Services" tab -- this ensures your connecting as an Exchange account.
- Click the Save & Close button to finish up and start using eM Client.