A SmarterTools license allows for two activations before the activation limits must be reset. This is in place to prevent license fraud and also helps guarantee secure activation so that the End User License Agreement (EULA) is not violated. If your activation limit has been met, you'll see the following message when activating the product:
"This license key has exceeded the allowed number of activations. To reset activation limits, log into your account at smartertools.com."
Follow the steps below to reset the activations for your license:
- Visit the SmarterTools website and click on the account icon in the upper right.
- Once logged in, select Licenses from the dropdown.
- Find the license key you are attempting to activate.
- If the activations limit has been met, a Reset Activations button will appear to the right of the license key. Click on this button to reset the activations limit.
- Use the dropdown menu to select the Reason for Reset.
- Click Reset.