In case it is needed to move the data of your SmarterStats installation to a new hard drive due to hardware failures or low disk space, you can follow the instructions below:
- Stop the SmarterStats service and the site within IIS.
- Move the SmarterStats folder (by default this is C:\SmarterLogs) from the location on C:\ to it's new location on E:\. (Or whatever your new drive designation is).
- Navigate to C:\Program Files(x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterStats\MRS\App_Data\Config\Sites
- For each site you want to move, you will need to edit the corresponding XML file. For example, for site ID 1 you will edit Site1.xml, for site ID 2 you will edit Site2.xml, etc.
- In each site's XML file, locate the <SmarterLogs> tag. Within this tag will be a <Path> tag. Within the <Path> tag, replace the existing path with the new location for the SmarterStats folder from Step 2.
- Save your changes.
- Once all of the site XML files have been modified and saved, start theSmarterStats service and Start the site within IIS.
- Verify the report data loads across your sites.
Learn more about SmarterStats, one of the best Google Analytics alternatives.