Applies to SmarterMail 12.x and Higher
These issues should no longer appear or occur in this version and higher.
Applies to SmarterMail 10.x - 11.x
There may be cases where the SmarterMail web interface does not display properly or does not function as intended in Internet Explorer 11. To address these issues, do ALL of the following:
1. Remove the App_Browsers folder from SmarterMail
- Navigate to the MRS folder of your SmarterMail installation. By default this is located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterMail\MRS
- Locate the App_Browsers folder, and delete the folder completely (if it exists)
- Newer builds of SmarterMail may not have this folder. If it is not present in your installation, skip this step.
2. Apply the Microsoft .NET patch
- Download and install the Microsoft patch located at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2836939/en-us
- NOTE: A server reboot will be required to complete the installation of this patch. Also note that if .NET 4.5 is installed, this patch may not be required as it is included in the .NET 4.5 Framework.
3. Register the browsers within IIS
- From the command prompt run the following command based on your server operating system
- For 64-bit operating systems
- For 32-bit operating systems
- Once the browsers have been registered an IIS reset will need to be completed. From the command prompt run the following:
If these steps do not work for you
If the steps above do not solve your issues, it could be that there are browser overrides in .Net that are causing issues. Follow the steps below to replace the files with .Net defaults:
- Download the browser config file from http://www.smartertools.com/downloads/other/browsers.zip
- Make a backup copy of your C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config\Browsers folder
- Delete the contents of C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config\Browsers
- Extract the downloaded file into C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config\Browsers
- From the command prompt run the following:
That will replace your browser files with .Net defaults.
Learn more about SmarterMail's enterprise email features and benefits.