SmarterMail supports the two-way sync of personal and shared user resources like calendars, contacts, and tasks with Outlook using Add to Outlook (Sharepoint Sync). Add to Outlook does not, however, sync domain resources like shared calendars and contacts. Although the steps below show you how to sync your SmarterMail calendar with Outlook, the procedure is similar for synchronizing contacts and tasks.
NOTE: Sharepoint Sync does not support notification features, so items like SmarterMail calendar reminders will not be available within Outlook. For full integration, MAPI should be used for Outlook Windows 2016 and 2019, and EWS should be used for Outlook Mac.
Follow these steps to sync your SmarterMail calendar with Outlook from the Web interface:
- From your computer that has Microsoft Outlook installed, log in to the SmarterMail web interface.
- Click the Calendar icon.
- Click the Actions menu and then Add to Outlook in the navigation pane toolbar.
- This will open a new window that contains details about the connection you are about to make with Outlook. You may keep the default description and display names or type your own in the appropriate fields.
- Click OK.
- This will open the 'Launch Application' window. Click OK to launch Outlook.
- To allow SmarterMail to connect with Outlook, click Yes.
Your SmarterMail and Outlook calendars are now synchronized and any changes you make to the calendars will be updated in real time.