Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync is available as an optional add-on to SmarterMail and is associated to a specific SmarterMail license key at the time of purchase. Before ActiveSync mailboxes can be assigned to user accounts, you will need to adjust your IIS configuration settings.
Configuring IIS 7.0 and Higher for Exchange ActiveSync
Follow these steps to disable BOTH Basic Authentication and Windows Authentication within IIS 7.0, 8.0 and 10.0:
- Log in to the server on which SmarterMail is installed.
- Open IIS and go to the Features View of the SmarterMail IIS site.
- In the IIS section, select Authentication.
- Select Windows Authentication and set the status to Disabled. If Windows Authentication does not appear, continue to the next step.
- Select Basic Authentication and set the status to Disabled.
The IIS server is now configured for Exchange ActiveSync. For information on configuring Accounts to be able to connect using EAS or any other add-on, please consult the Help documentation.