Microsoft EAS is available as an optional add-on to SmarterMail. Unlike other synchronization methods, EAS uses direct push technology to sync email, calendars, and contacts to the iPhone in real time.
Once you have Activated the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync add-on and enabled Exchange ActiveSync for the specific SmarterMail mailbox, you will need to set up an Exchange account to use with the iOS Mail app.
To set up your iPhone to access Exchange ActiveSync, follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, open the Settings.
- Tap Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Initially, fill out the following fields:
- Email -- your full email address.
- Description - A friendly name for the account, such as your company name, "Work Email" or whatever.
- You may be prompted with a screen that asks "Sign into your "domain.com" Exchange account using Microsoft?" -- If so, choose the "Configure Manually" option. Otherwise, you will be asked to sign in with a Microsoft School or Work account, or a personal Microsoft account.
- You'll be prompted for your account password.
- Clicking Next will bring up the options you want to sync: Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders and/or Notes. Select the items you want to sync.
- Hit the Save button.
In your accounts list, you'll see the new Account set up, using the friendly Description you configured. You can click on the new account to turn on or off synced features, or change the "Mail Days to Sync" -- this will default to 1 month, but you can change it if needed.
And that's pretty much it: you can open the iOS Mail app, and the new account will be there and ready to use.