SmarterTrack has an impressive full-text search capability. However, you may wish to enhance the relevancy and accuracy of search results through the use of knowledge base article keywords.
SmarterTrack will automatically include all words in the title and body of an article in searching. To add keywords that may not be in the title or body, type them into the Keywords field. This is most useful when an article does not contain words that may be searched on, or when you notice a phrase in your search keywords report that is not getting the correct results.
NOTE: No commas are necessary, and repeating words is not necessary. In addition, different forms of a word are not necessary. For example, it is not necessary to add "run, running, ran," as SmarterTrack will detect those as different word forms. "Run" is sufficient.
Applies to SmarterTrack 10.x-12.x
This functionality has been removed. Include keywords in the article text to make phrases/words searchable.
Applies to SmarterTrack 6.x - 9.x
To add keywords to a KB article, follow these steps:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a system administrator or an agent.
- Click the Knowledge Base icon.
- Click desired the knowledge base folder in the navigation pane. A list of knowledge base articles in the folder will load in the content pane.
- Select the desired article and it will load in the preview pane.
- Click Edit in the preview pane toolbar.
- Click the Options tab
- In the Keywords field, type the keywords you want to associate with the article.
- Click Save.
For more information, please refer to the Knowledge Base Overview section of the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s live chat, self service portal and knowledge base software.