Applies to All Versions of SmarterTrack
SmarterTrack needs a database to store data. It is important for SmarterTrack to access the SQL database to verify licensing information. In a stand-alone environment, setting this dependency will ensure that SmarterTrack is able to connect to SQL server after the system is restarted. NOTE: If SmarterTrack and SQL are on separate servers, this dependency will not effect SmarterTrack at start up. Ensure that the SQL server is online before starting the SmarterTrack server. If the SQL server goes offline, an IIS reset should re synchronize SmarterTrack to the remote database.
Follow these steps to set up the SmarterTrack dependancy for MSSQL Server:
- Back up the Windows registry. NOTE: For information on how to backup and modify registry keys, please refer to Microsoft Help and Support.
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Locate the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC" folder.
- In the DependOnService key, add MSSQLSERVER.
- Close the Registry Editor.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s live chat, self service portal and knowledge base software.