System Administrators may need to update SmarterTrack's database connection string after reinstalling SQL or moving to a new server. Database connection string settings are initially configured while running the Database Connection Wizard during the installation process but can be modified at any time.
NOTE: Following these steps will prompt you to re-enter your primary administrator's login credentials and database connection information. This will not delete any of your existing data, with the exception of the default SMTP settings that are stored in the SystemSettings.xml file. Default SMTP settings should be re-entered upon completing these steps.
Run the Database Connection Wizard
The Database Connection Wizard will walk you through the connection and initialization of the database. Follow these steps to run the wizard again:
- Stop your SmarterTrack application pool.
- Delete SystemSettings.xml in your installation directory's App_Data\Config folder. The default location is [C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterTrack\MRS\App_Data\Config].
- Start your SmarterTrack application pool.
- Log in to SmarterTrack as the primary System Administrator.
- The Database Connection Wizard will automatically run. NOTE: If you are prompted to complete the Company Setup Wizard, click Next to bypass the company setup. SmarterTrack will load your existing company settings from its database.
Once you have completed the Database Connection Wizard, your database will be initialized and the system will automatically log you in to the portal as the primary administrator.
For more information, refer to the Database Settings section of the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about the SmarterTrack online help desk and how you can improve your overall customer service.