Because mapped drives are assigned at the user level, they will not work in SmarterStats. Therefore, you will need to reference the mappings using UNC paths, like \\servernameOrIP\share or \\servernameOrIP\driveletter$, instead.
In addition, in order for SmarterStats to use files from a UNC drive, you will need to change the user that the SmarterStats service runs under to a user that has access to both servers, rather than the local system user.
NOTE: For newer versions of SmarterStats, UNC account credentials can be configured within the Web interface at the system or site level. For more information on these steps, please refer to the KB article Configure UNC Credentials for Log Sources.
Applies to SmarterStats 6.x - 11.x
Follow these steps to change the user that the SmarterStats service runs under:
- On the server, go to Start --> Control Panel.
- Open Administrative Tools.
- Double-click on Services and wait for the service control manager to start.
- Find SmarterStats Service in the list.
- Right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Click the Log On tab.
- Click This Account and enter a domain-level username and password.
- Click OK.
SmarterStats will now be able to access and import the logs over the UNC file path.
Learn more about SmarterStats, one of the best Google Analytics alternatives.