On occasion, you may need to reset the username and password for the system administrator. For example, the system administrator password may need to be reset if the password is unknown due to a previous system administrator changing it without recording the password.
Applies to SmarterStats 6.x - 11.x
Follow these steps to reset the system administrator login information:
- Open Windows Explorer (My Computer).
- Navigate to \MRS\App_Data\Config (Default location C:\Program Files\SmarterTools\SmarterStats\ or to C:\Program Files (x86) on 64-bit operating systems.
- Back up a copy of the AppConfig.xml file.
- Right-click on AppConfig.xml and choose Open With -> and select any text editor you have installed. (E.g., Notepad)
- Delete the following three lines:
< SmarterStatsAdmin>...< /SmarterStatsAdmin>
< SmarterStatsPassword>...< /SmarterStatsPassword>
< SmarterStatsPasswordEnc>...< /SmarterStatsPasswordEnc>
NOTE: For these changes to take effect, you will need to stop and start the SmarterStats website.
Then you should be able to log in to SmarterStats using "admin" (no quotes) for the username, password and site ID.
Learn more about how SmarterStats can help you better understand your website analytics.