There is a possibility that SmarterStats log files can become corrupt if a server's backup software tries to access log files during the SmarterStats import process. To avoid this potential issue, follow these steps:
- Log in as the system administrator.
- Click the settings icon.
- Expand the Servers folder, and click Servers in the navigation pane. A list of existing servers will load in the navigation pane.
- Select the desired server and click Edit in the content pane toolbar. The server settings will load in a new window.
- Click the Import Settings tab.
- Change the Import Time of Day field values to ensure that SmarterStats does not import log files while backup software is running (such as 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM).
- Click Save.
Learn more about how SmarterStats can help you better understand your website analytics.