System administrators may need to move SmarterStats to a new server after upgrading to a new server or changing hosting companies.
Follow these steps to move SmarterStats to a new server:
- Install SmarterStats on the new server.
- Stop the SmarterStats service on both servers.
- Copy the following files from the old server to the new server. NOTE: In 64-bit operating systems, the paths below will be under C:\Program Files (x86):
- C:\Program Files\SmarterTools\SmarterStats\MRS\App_Data\Config\*.xml
- C:\Program Files\SmarterTools\SmarterStats\MRS\App_Data\Config\Sites\*.xml
- C:\Program Files\SmarterTools\SmarterStats\Service\Sitelist.dat
- Any directories you set up as SmarterLog directories (default C:\SmarterLogs)
- Start SmarterStats on the new server and activate.
- If necessary update the log file paths for your sites (since the W3SVC numbers may have changed).
NOTE: It may take a few minutes after the move for the data to display.
Learn more about SmarterStats, one of the best Google Analytics alternatives.