This article explains which files will need to be backed up via a backup solution such as BackupExec, Veritas, or various other backup solutions.
Applies to SmarterStats 6.x - 11.x
When backing up a SmarterStats installation, the following files will be required: NOTE: In a 64 bit environment, the default file location is C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterStats\
- C:\Program Files\SmarterTools\SmarterStats\MRS\App_Data\Config\AppConfig.xml
- C:\Program Files\SmarterTools\SmarterStats\MRS\App_Data\Config\Sites folder
- C:\Program Files\SmarterTools\SmarterStats\Service\ServerSettings.xml
- The entire C:\SmarterLogs folder. NOTE: Depending on your settings, you may have more than one SmarterLogs folder location.
System administrators can restore these files after a server crash by following these steps:
- Reinstall SmarterStats.
- Stop the SmarterStats service.
- Replace the existing files and folders with the files and folders from a backup (will need to use the same file path as before).
- Restart SmarterStats.
Learn more about SmarterStats, one of the best Google Analytics alternatives.