What is a Remote Service Access Agreement (RSAA)?
Commonly, it is required for SmarterTools support to access a server remotely in order to resolve an issue. To protect SmarterTools and the customer, we have implemented an agreement, known as an RSAA, that allows the customer to provide us remote access, and also revoke this access.
Remote access to customer installations is generally handled via RDP. This is the preferred method of connection, but it's not the only one. SmarterTools also offers attended and unattended remote access through an RMS client. This gives customers the ability to participate in the maintenance of the product or "be there" when our technicians are accessing server(s).
For customers who have strict firewall policies in place, we can provide the IPs we use for remote access so they can be added to any firewall policy, then removed once the remote access is no longer necessary.
How do I give SmarterTools remote access to my server?
You will need to complete the RSAA to provide SmarterTools remote access to your server. To invoke a RSAA, follow these steps:
- Visit the SmarterTools website and click on the account icon in the upper right.
- Once logged in, select My Tickets from the dropdown.
- If you have submitted a ticket already, it should be listed on this page. Otherwise, you will want to submit a new ticket to our support team by clicking on the New Ticket button.
- Scroll down the page to the Remote Service Access Agreements (RSAA) area.
- Click Submit RSAA.
- The RSAA agreement will be displayed: Read it carefully. To begin the RSAA process, select the checkbox next to 'I ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS', and click Next.
- Fill in the fields requested. NOTE: You will need to select the ticket you want to associate with the RSAA. Also, for remote server access, such as RDP or GoToMeeting, our agents will be logging in from 126.96.36.199 IP address.
- Click Finish.
How do I remove SmarterTools' remote access to my server?
To revoke a RSAA, simply close the support ticket. You can also simply revoke our access at your firewall as needed.