What is a Remote Server Access Agreement (RSAA)?
Commonly, it is required for SmarterTools support to access a server remotely in order to resolve an issue. To protect SmarterTools and the customer, we have implemented an agreement, known as an RSAA, that allows the customer to provide us remote access, and also revoke this access.
How do I give SmarterTools remote access to my server?
You will need to complete the RSAA to provide SmarterTools remote access to your server. To invoke a RSAA, follow these steps:
- Log into your account using the technical support page at the SmarterTools website.
- If you have submitted a ticket already, it should be listed on this page. Otherwise, you will want to submit a new ticket to our support team.
- Scroll down the page to the Remote Service Access Agreements (RSAA) area.
- Click Submit RSAA.
- The RSAA agreement will be displayed: Read it carefully. To begin the RSAA process, select the checkbox next to 'I ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS', and click Next.
- Fill in the fields requested. NOTE: You will need to select the ticket you want to associate with the RSAA. Also, for remote server access, such as RDP or GoToMeeting, our agents will be logging in from 18.104.22.168 IP address.
- Click Finish.
How do I remove SmarterTools' remote access to my server?
To revoke a RSAA, simply close the support ticket. You can also simply revoke our access at your firewall as needed.