What is a Remote Server Access Agreement (RSAA)?
Commonly, it is required for SmarterTools support to access a server remotely in order to resolve an issue. To protect SmarterTools and the customer, we have implemented an agreement, known as an RSAA, that allows the customer to provide us remote access, and also revoke this access.
How do I give SmarterTools remote access to my server?
You will need to complete the RSAA to provide SmarterTools remote access to your server. To invoke a RSAA, follow these steps:
- Log into your account at the SmarterTools website.
- Click Support and RSAA.
- A ticket summary and Remote Server Access Agreements (RSAA) list will display. Click Submit RSAA.
- Read the agreement carefully. To agree to this, select the checkbox next to 'I ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS', and click Next.
- Fill in the fields requested. NOTE: Any remote server access, such as RDP or GoToMeeting, requires a phone ticket. It is also required that you select a ticket for the RSAA to apply to. SmarterTools will be coming from 126.96.36.199 IP address.
- Click Finish.
- Once you submit the RSAA, please reply to the open ticket to confirm that the RSAA has been completed.
How do I remove SmarterTools' remote access to my server?
To revoke a RSAA, you must close the support ticket. Please see these steps below:
- Go to the Support Portal.
- Log in using the email address and password associated with your SmarterTools account.
- Click on Tickets.
- Click the subject of the ticket the RSAA is tied to that you would like to revoke.
- Type your response to the ticket in the message body.
- Checkmark the option for This ticket can be closed.
- Click Send Reply.
This will close your support case and revoke the RSAA.