8
SmarterMail 8125: ISSUe in UTF-8 encoding-decoding in Subject
Problem reported by Gabriele Maoret - SERSIS - 4/11/2022 at 5:04 AM
Being Fixed
There's a issue in UTF encoding-deconding for the subject on SmarterMail 8125.

There's an image of the same mail asd it appear in Webmail (UP) and in Outlook (Down):



I already opnened a ticket

22 Replies

Reply to Thread
1
Gabriele Maoret - SERSIS Replied
Issue confirmed, I'm waiting for the fix from Smartertools
0
echoDreamz Replied
We have had this reported as well. Glad to hear a fix is coming.
0
Jorge Alegre Replied
Same problem here.
Waiting for a new version with this issue fixed.
1
Gabriele Maoret - SERSIS Replied
We are waiting too...
1
Manuel Martins Replied
Hi,

Any news on this ?

0
Gabriele Maoret - SERSIS Replied
I'm waiting...

0
Stefano Replied
No news, bad news...
2
Gabriele Maoret - SERSIS Replied
Ciao Stefano!

From my support ticket (which is still open ...) they tell me that they have a fix in the testing phase and it will be released with the next version of SM the first week of June ...

Fingers crossed...
0
Parinda Dissanayake Replied
we are facing same issue in latest version. no place to make this change
0
Stefano Replied
Ciao Gabriele, I'm not updating my server to the latest version due to this bug.
I hope they will release the update sooner.

Thanks so much, always so kind!
1
Parinda Dissanayake Replied
this bug is really hitting our production servers 50000 email users have been affected with this latest version.

we need a fix very soon and why SM did this kind of dum thing


1
Gabriele Maoret - SERSIS Replied
I REALLY hope this week they'll release a new update...

And not only for this BUG, I'm also waiting for other ones...
0
Jorge Alegre Replied
Waiting for it too! Have several reports.. really need this fixed ASAP.
0
FrankyBoy Replied
Hello all, Same situation for us.
0
JerseyConnect Team Replied
We upgraded last week and so far no reports of this issue....yet. Are you all seeing this on all messages or is this only occurring with certain special characters and/or languages?
1
Matt Petty Replied
Employee Post
This happens with subjects that use special encoding, b64 or QP, and exceed ~250 characters. Code is cutting off the subject without reading the special encoding entirely causing the cutoff encoding line to break and stay encoded. We've got fixes for this it will be in our next release.
Matt Petty
Software Developer
SmarterTools Inc.
(877) 357-6278
www.smartertools.com
3
Stefano Replied
Tough question, when will you release all these fixes?
0
Sathon H Replied
can we downgrade to Build 8097 to fix this problem?  
0
Gabriele Maoret - SERSIS Replied
bump
0
echoDreamz Replied
Yeah... been almost 3 months without a release :)
2
Gabriele Maoret - SERSIS Replied
I have received a ReleaseCandidate (v8195) from SmarterTools which should solve this problem.

We are testing it now and it seems that everything is actually OK.

2
Andrea Free Replied
Employee Post
Hi all, 

As Gabriele mentioned, we do have a release candidate build available which resolves this encoding issue. We expect to release this build to the public in the coming weeks. However, if you would like to install the release candidate build to access the fix sooner, please submit a support ticket. 

We have found that the emails with the broken subjects should be resolved automatically post-upgrade. However, if you happen to have any lingering encoding issues, you can restore the email to the user's mailbox using the Message Archive Search > Copy to Mailbox feature. 

Andrea Free
SmarterTools Inc.
877-357-6278

www.smartertools.com

Reply to Thread