[BETA] 7438, 7440: EAS - activesync.log and massive increased filesize (Loglevel: Detailed)
Problem reported by Thomas Lange - 5/19/2020 at 6:48 AM
Resolved
Hi,

starting with SmarterMail/ProductionReady BETA Build 7438 first we noticed, that CPU usuage was going up to 90 and even upto 98% and very strange: the size of the daily activesync.log increased upto 35GB during 3/4 of a day - I set it to Loglevel Detailed.... what changed/happened, why do we now have a huge filesize of activesync.log (We are using 54 out of our 100 licensed EAS users.)

Currently, running BETA Build 7440, the CPU-usuage varies form 40% to 70 or 80%,
but the drastic increase of the activesync.log-file is filling/overfilling our harddisk.
The 45-50 GB free drivespace was prior Build 7338 plenty enough of free space for our varius logfiles.

In case there are issues with activesync, I think setting Loglevel to "Normal" would not be the best solution. btw: the GBs of logfile are difficult to handle, read or even zip/upload.

Thomas

4 Replies

Reply to Thread
1
Robert Emmett Replied
Employee Post
Thomas, I will create a ticket with you so we can get a copy of your ActiveSync logs for analysis.
Robert Emmett
Software Developer
SmarterTools Inc.
(877) 357-6278
www.smartertools.com
0
Thomas Lange Replied
I uploaded a few activesync.log-files - I hope you can figure out what is going wrong, why the logfiles are so heavily increasing in filesize right now.

even the "IIS/inetpub-logfiles" are increasing in their size, filling up with many lines with "ActiveSync" in it
0
Thomas Lange Replied
It looks like our issues have to do with "Item not synced due to not being found in GRP: Folder Inbox"  (and other account with folder "Deleted Items")- but deleting the account+profile in Outlook 2016, followed by deleting Outlook/leftover-files, deleting entry at Connectivity/Synchronized Devices and re-attaching does not solve our issues of the filling/growing activesync.log

these issues started by updating to Build 7438, and continued in 7440 and even actual Build 7444 as of yesterday.

Robert is working on these issues via Support-Ticket, I uploaded more activesync.log-files.

0
Thomas Lange Replied
Marked As Resolution
The latest public BETA build 7445 probably solved this issue:
FIXED: If a CFG contains references to an email not in any associated GRPs that reference is not being removed properly. (Note: Might cause higher than normal CPU usage especially with EAS clients.)


At least the first 6 hours are looking very promising - activesync.log (Loglevel Detailed) after 6.5 hours the filzesize is 7MB - and the "Item not synced"-entries are less occuring - not anymore in an "endless-loop" like before with 7438, 7440 and 7444. And the SmarterMail-windows-service-CPU-usuage is drastically decreased - probably back to normal.

btw: Today we have a holiday in Germany - so no normal working day/not much traffic/email-client usuage at our company, next normal office day will be on next Monday. But my first results with the affected acocunts/emailclients look already verfy promising.

I uploaded our actual activesync.log so that devteam can have a look if it is really ok right now - or if there are still issues or if there is some more optimizations possible.

Reply to Thread