We've changed a ton on the backend and things are happening quicker now, which can actually slow things down because we had a lot of locking code. Locks are artificial stopping points for an application and usually get put onto things like domain settings, user's mailboxes, etc. They basically give one-at-a-time access to whatever we put them on. SM is way more efficient now and can handle multiple threads hitting resources at the same time with less locks. This could actually mean people would see MORE cpu usage, as we now do less waiting and more work. So I'd say its normal to see the handles being a lot higher as there is more things happening (especially in your case), more pieces of data floating around.
Also, I sent you those instructions.