There are numerous reasons why we have delayed. The top 5 reasons are:
a.) Stability - although this doesn't appear to be a main concern... now,
as you outlined, there have been a lot of fixes.
b.) Learning curve for our web-based customers. Probably actual now surpassing the stability issue, is making sure our doc is updated along with videos to support our clients. After looking at Sm17, we are thinking about jumping on to that release... but Sm17 vs Sm16 look similar, so either way.. we have started working on our doc.
c.) API interfaces/inter-action. Main thing was simple issues just trying to get our users logged on to SM16 through simple interfaces. It looks as though this issue has been resolved, we haven't gone back to verify.
d.) Initial Reports of Hardware resource changes.. For quite sometime, it sounded like the resources for hardware were being increased too... So upgrading AND moving to a new server.. didn't sound like something we wanted to get onboard with for quite some time. Based upon community feedback, it sounds as if some this has been addressed to.
e.) Just avoiding the pain of upgrading in general. Functionally, there were no NEW functions(improved vs new)... that would be an incentive to upgrade. Sm17 offers the hope of true MAPI interfaces.. thus new functionality.