The ability to view a user's password is still available in version 16.x. However, please note that this functionality, along with the ability to decrypt passwords on the server, will be removed in version 17.x, as this release will offer additional privacy and security measures. In the meantime, follow these steps to enable the Show Password functionality in 16.x:
- On the server where SmarterMail is installed, navigate to Administrative Tools > Services and Stop the SmarterMail Service.
- As an Administrator, edit the mailConfig.xml file. (As always, make a backup copy first.)
- Find the line: <allowViewingOfPasswords>False</allowViewingOfPasswords>
- Change this value to True.
- Save the file, ensuring it overwrites the mailConfig.xml file found in the Service folder.
- In the Services window, Start the SmarterMail Service.
After that's been done, log into the SmarterMail interface as a System Administrator and complete the following:
- Click on the Settings icon and then General Settings. Save a change to any setting in this area. (You can simply toggle a setting off, Save, then toggle it back on and Save again.)
- Click on the Manage icon and Manage a domain to impersonate the Domain Admin.
- In the Accounts section, open a user's configuration options.
- On the Account card, you should now find a blue Show Password button.
Keep in mind that it's important that the SmarterMail service is stopped before making the change to the mailConfig.xml file and you must save a setting in the System Admin settings in order for this option to appear. Without doing those two things, you may not see the Show Password option, even after changing the value to True.
Let me know if you have any questions or trouble!