Hit ENTER after each Tag to add it to your post; Numbers in parentheses represent the Tag's usage.
I have a domain that is hosted on other mail server and I want to make smarter mail as backup to route all emails to primary mail server in case it going down.
I check the article that is content this steps:
- Log in to SmarterMail as the system administrator.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Expand the Routing folder in the navigation pane.
- Click Incoming Gateways.
- Click New in the content pane toolbar.
- In the Gateway Mode field, select Backup MX from the list.
- Type the IP address or IP range in the appropriate field(s) for the mail server you're creating the backup MX for. (Typically, this is your primary mail server IP or IP range).
- Click the Spam tab and modify the spam action settings, if necessary.
- Click Save.
- Click General Settings in the navigation pane.
- Click the Spool tab.
- Change the Retry Intervals field to 10, 10, 10, 1440.
- Click Save.
- In DNS, add secondary MX records that point to the new servers IP address. Be sure to set the preference value higher than the main MX record
i have right now two primary mail server that is working with two domains
in this case what i have to do to make smarter mail as backup mx for both servers for both domains?
can i make the route through selected port ?