Kevin, we have modified the indexing service so that the service no longer requires a stop / restart when changing the max thread count. Additionally, we have removed the "unused" checkboxes from both tab pages. On the Queued tab, we have also removed the Priority column and changed the Time Queued column to include date and time. Lastly, both the Processing and Queued tabs will now show the item counts. These changes will be available in the next minor release.
For performance reasons, at this time we have decided to keep the Processing and Queued tabs segregated instead of combining the two tabs into one.
Thank you once again for your wonderful ideas and suggestions on how we can streamline and update the user experience with SmarterMail (and all of our products).