You may want to consider searching the spool directory in Windows to filter out the items that need to be cleared from the spool. I personally recommend utilizing Agent Ransack from MythicSoft (http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack
) this will allow you to search within the .HDR and .EML files within your spool directory for a specific string (such as the auth username), you can then purge the results that match.
I find this method much easier than trying to accomplish the same thing within the web interface as you have more granular control over your search.
Here's what I would do:
- Stop the SmarterMail service.
- Rename your current spool folder.
- Start the SmarterMail service, this will re-create the spool folder.
- Search through the renamed spool folder using Agent Ransack utilizing your desired search criteria.
- Remove the returned .EML and .HDR files.
- Once the unwanted .HDR and .EML files have been purged move all legitimate .HDR and .EML files into the regular spool location for delivery.
This will minimize the amount of messages sent out from the compromised account limiting your risk from winding up on a blacklist while the spool is being cleaned up.
I hope this helps.
Technical Support Supervisor