Backup MX - Using Webservices. Receving SMTP ERRORs - Now Removed from Rotation
Problem reported by Merle Wait - 3/19/2015 at 5:20 AM
Have loaded a new 2012 machine.. w 8GB of RAM / pretty fast processor... not doing anything else...using version 13.2
New box's life is to be a gateway MX for our smarter mail.
Settings for this box (the MX gateway box) is:
Settings -->  Routings:
   Incoming Gateway:  type Backup MX
         Enable Smatermail gateway mode - yes (checked)
          IP Address (points to the actual  "Home" smarter mail    - lets say
          User Verfication:  WebService
  Under Smartermail Gateway tab
     is the Smartermail URL: http://xxxx.xxxx.com
              Smartermail Username:  is Admin id for the  smartermail at
              Password to match;
Security Tab  --> Advanced Settings
     Spam Assassin Servers  - Active.  Its currently on the same box (at this second, but scheduled
           to be moved to an another internal box.. So settings right now are:   Active  Port 783
And that is about it.
In the backup server's logs, under SMTP i keep seeing:
[2015.03.18] 11:35:10 [][14554174] rsp: 451 Requested action aborted: error in processing
[2015.03.18] 11:35:10 [][14554174] Exception: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
[2015.03.18] 11:35:10 [][14554174] cmd: QUIT
[2015.03.18] 11:35:10 [][14554174] rsp: 221 Service closing transmission channel
2015.03.19] 01:02:57 [][42300312] rsp: 451 Requested action aborted: error in processing
[2015.03.19] 01:02:57 [][42300312] Exception: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
[2015.03.19]    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
[2015.03.19]    at MailStore.Gateways.SmartHostManager.#RPb(SmartHost #OPb, String #Uj, String #Klb, LogDelegate #qYg)
[2015.03.19]    at MailStore.Gateways.SmartHostManager.AcceptMailFor(String email, String domainName, SmartHost& smartHost, LogDelegate logFunc)
[2015.03.19]    at MailService.TcpServerLib.SMTP.SMTPSession.#veb(String )
[2015.03.19]    at MailService.TcpServerLib.SMTP.SMTPSession.ProcessAsyncCommand(String smtpCommandText)
[2015.03.19] 01:02:57 [][42300312] cmd: QUIT
[2015.03.19] 01:02:57 [][42300312] rsp: 221 Service closing transmission channel
The I/P address is different of course, for each connection.  But the error message, occurs across the board.
What is that error message, and why do I keep getting it.  I have verified or at least re-keyed the  "Home's Admin password and userid.. thinking that maybe it was an issue intrying to log in to that.. but I don't think so.
Not sure where to go with this

4 Replies

Reply to Thread
Merle Wait Replied
Obviously, this has gone un-answered.
But as an update, I have removed all three Smarter-Mail servers out of Domain-Forward/ BackUp MX service.
Last issue, that was a  deal breaker was this.....
a.) userpersona@domain.net  = is an actual user. 
     userpersona@domainalias.net is = domainname alias for domain.net
b.) userpersonb@domain.net  = is an actual user. 
     userpersonb@domainalias.net is = domainname alias for domain.net
Found where we had missing emails... in that it accepted and forwarded emails for userpersona in all cases....
Replied to gmail that userpersonb did not exist.  Yes userpersonb is autherized AND does receive/send emails.
I am at my wits end.... not sure how many emails that we have returned in error over the past 5 days....
But this is exhausting.....
To be clear, I had the servers set to BackUpMX - using webservice mode.  Had set the url on the smartermail 
interface to the actual email server/along with main domain admin user/password.
Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
Webio Replied
On my end I just can tell you that I'm using Domain Forward with User Verification set to Web Service with enabled SmarterMail gateway mode and it works very well from more than year now. For all SPAM type actions I'm passing score to SmarterMail. I don't have any issues with delivering messages to alias domeins or alias users. When main smartermail server is inaccessible then messages are being stored in gateways and delivered correctly when main SM server is online again.
Merle Wait Replied
Thanks for the response....
I have confirmed that it has to do with a domain alias issue.
Not sure why..... but for our one our older domain names (now as an alias) ... pointed to the new name of our company's name (ok, "new"   is semi-relevant.... going on 3 years now).    Anything coming to that domain name alias ... gets listed as user not found......    Although it works with the actual email server just fine (for over a year on SmarterMail server).
I guess I will have to burn a support ticket to find out the cause... but considering the time already spent, it will be worth it.
Merle Wait Replied
Was a confirmed problem.. and was fixed with 4/30/15 release

Reply to Thread