571 Delivery not authorized, message refused
Problem reported by Neal Culiner - February 9, 2015 at 2:45 PM
Resolved
Hello,
 
All of the sudden I can't send e-mail to about anyone as it's been refused with Error 571.  I recently updated SmarterMail to 13.2.5507 and then today I noticed 5511 so I updated to that.  I haven't touched my configuration and can think of no reason for this to happen, i.e. no viruses or spam issues, all blacklists show me green for 209.9.229.10.
 
Any suggestions to correct this?
 
Thank you. HELP
 
Neal    

6 Replies

Reply to Thread
0
Employee Replied
Employee Post
Hi Neal,
 
Do your delivery logs show any additional details?  Also if you telnet directly to the other server do you receive a 220 response?
0
Could not deliver message to the following recipient(s):

Failed Recipient: my address at gmail
Reason: Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 [209.9.229.10      12] Our system has detected that this message is
5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail,
5.7.1 this message has been blocked. Please visit
5.7.1 hyperlink here but I can't post links :( for
5.7.1 more information. u3si16222727qaf.94 - gsmtp
0
I can't send to just about anyone the past 24 hours especially HTML e-mails.  I can get plain text e-mails to work it seems.
0
Is there an area where older builds are listed so I can roll back two builds?  These recent two builds concern me and I believe something is causing this issue.  Nothing has changed in my config or DNS.
0
This issue continues and it seems like it's related to sending HTML e-mails.  I can send plain text fine, once I throw a link in the message or send a HTML message I get the 571 rejection.  I'm going to have to open a case with SmarterTools.
0
Many thanks to Von-Austin See in SM support.  In all the years I have never needed to open a ticket and hated doing so but he led me to an error message about "data transfer failed" in the SMTP log and upon googling I saw another topic which led me to my Watchguard firewall and the spamBlocker subscription service.  I turned it off the problem went away, I then went back and reconfigured it as well as the routing config and all is fine now.  Hallelujah, two days shot and four days of e-mails blocked but I'm happy to have this finally cleared up!
 
Thanks to all who helped.

Reply to Thread