I just upgraded to SM 16 from SM 15 and my server is also showing RHSBL as blocking our server. When I look at BlacklistAwareConfig.xml, RHSBL is *NOT* there. It is in the results file.
I clicked Run Server Blacklist Check on the Server Blacklist page, and RHSBL remains.
I deleted BlacklistAwareResults.xml and then clicked Run Server Blacklist Check on the Server Blacklist page.
Waited 10 minutes, and SM apparently checked three server IPs against 1 blacklist, UCEProtect Level 3. That's all.
Clicked Run Server Blacklist Check on the Server Blacklist page again. Waited 10 minutes, and 4 additional IPs (7 total) had been checked against UCEProtect Level 3. That's not all of this servers IP addresses, and there are many more RBLs that should have been checked.
Fixes and suggestions for the Server Blacklist page:
1. The page never purges results from the BlacklistAwareResults.xml file. As a result, even though RHSBL has been removed from BlacklistAwareConfig.xml, the RHSBL results stay in BlacklistAwareResults.xml, and so until operators manually delete the BlacklistAwareResults.xml file, the Server Blacklist page with permanently warn about RHSBL (or any other old RBL it has ever checked in the past). The "Run Server Blacklist Check" Action should delete the file BlacklistAwareResults.xml and build new results from scratch using only the servers listed in BlacklistAwareConfig.xml. This should probably be characterized as a bug and fixed.
2. Would be nice if there were a button that automatically added all of the RBLs configured at Settings -> Antispam -> RBLs with a single click.
3. Would be nice if SmarterTools maintained a BlacklistAwareConfig.xml on their web site that SmarterMail could download and add to the local BlacklistAwareConfig.xml with a single click.
Note that for requests 2 and 3, I don't think using either of these buttons should delete and replace the existing items in the
existing BlacklistAwareConfig.xml, they should simply add to the existing BlacklistAwareConfig.xml. If someone wants to delete and start over, they should be able to select all of the RBLs being checked, Delete them, and then click these buttons again to re-add them (see #4).
4. There should be an interface for adding, editing, and removing Blacklists from the Server Blacklist check area. Most of the code is already in the Settings -> Antispam -> RBLs area. Just needs to be told to read/write BlacklistAwareConfig.xml instead of spamConfig.xml.
5. Clicking Run Server Blacklist Check doesn't seem to be working. Each time I click it, I get a few more entries in BlacklistAwareResults.xml, but it keeps getting hung. There's a bug somewhere in here that needs to be fixed.