I keep reading, and greatly agree with, we need some better spam features and not wait for a full new version as this seems to be one of the biggest points we are all facing. What we need is a (and I am sure others will add a lot more):
1. Block a country (no RBL, etc.). Just a block of an entire countries IP.
2. Block an IP address, IP range
3. Block a domain. This be whether it's in the FROM, REPLY TO, etc.
4. When an address is blocked add it to the blocked list for IP, domain, from, reply to
5. Add a domain level block if say VIAGRA is in the subject that it is blocked
6. Add a domain level block if say VIAGRA is in the body that it is blocked
7. This should be on a domain-by-domain basis.
8. There should be a way to easily remove these blocks
9. There should be a report that can be pulled up and viewed
10. There should be a report that is emailed on a standard basis.
Log the above so if someone calls and complains email@example.com is complaining we can remove the block.