1. Log in to the SmarterMail Windows server as a system administrator, and open the Task Manager. Switch to the Details tab, and locate MailService.exe. We are going to monitor this entry during the service restart.
2. Open the Windows Services Console (Start>Run>Services.msc) and locate the SmarterMail Service. Right-click the service, and choose Stop.
3. Monitor the Task Manager until MailService.exe drops from the list, confirming it has exited cleanly.
4. Once it has, go back to the user's Mail folder.
5. Locate the root.cfg file in this folder and delete it.
6. Switch back to the Windows Services Console, right-click the SmarterMail Service one more time, and choose Start.
7. Check the Task Manager and make sure that the mail service has started up properly.
After completing the steps above, SmarterMail will analyze the user mailbox contents and rebuild the root.cfg file. At that point, you can run the disk space utilization report again to ensure the proper values are being reflected.