Mailing list are a good way to send a message or series of messages to many people at once. To prevent unauthorized post to the mailing list you can enable a password.
To enable password requirements for a mailing list follow the steps below.
- Login as the domain admin
- In the menu at the top, select the drop-down menu and choose Domain Settings.
- In the menu on the left, click Mailing Lists.
- Click the mailing list you'd like to apply a password to.
- On the Posting content page, switch the Password toggle to ON.
- Enter the desired password.
- Click Save.
To send to the mailing list using a password, follow the step below:
- In the To field enter the mailing list email address. For example, if the name of your mailing is is 'myPromo' and your domain is example.com, the mailing list address would be myPromo@example.com.
- In the subject filed input the password in the following format [:password:]. For example, if your password is “YMP344!” and the subject of your mailing list email is “February Promotions”, the subject line of the mailing list message including the password would be: [:YMP344!:] February Promotions
- Once the email is received by the mailing list it will then be process to all the subscribers.