In the event that you receive an error when performing an advanced search, your first step should be to reindex the user(s) having the issue. To reindex a user, follow the instructions below. The instructions will use the example user "firstname.lastname@example.org." Please replace any reference of this user or domain with your own.
- Log in to SmarterMail as a System Administrator.
- Click Manage in the navigation pane.
- Click on the desired Domain, and the domain settings will display. Click on the Manage button.
- Click on Accounts under the Domain Settings.
- Select the desired user, click the Actions (...) button and click Reindex.
The user will then be reindexed. If you have multiple users reindexing at once or the users reindexing have large mailboxes, this can take some time to complete.