SmarterMail uses multiple data synchronization technologies to sync mailbox data with email clients and mobile devices. SyncML is a platform-independent open standard for synchronization of information, and SmarterMail uses the Funambol SyncML plug-in to sync contacts, calendars, tasks, and notes with Outlook.
Applies to SmarterMail Enterprise 11.x and Above
Use of SyncML may still possible, but no longer supported in these versions. This is due to the lack of development of SyncML as a viable syncing protocol by third parties.
Applies to SmarterMail Enterprise 8.x - 10.x
NOTE: Funambol will only run on Outlook 2007 and above, 32-bit. SmarterMail supports version 8.5 of the SyncML client.
NOTE: SyncML does not support syncing of contact images across devices.
- Download the Funambol Sync Client for Microsoft Outlook.
- Install SyncML by double-clicking on the Funambol install and completing the installation wizard.
- After the install is complete, the Funambol Outlook Sync Client will open.
- To configure the sync settings, go to Tools and Options.
- Type the server location following the format http://domainame.com/sync/default.aspx.
- Type your full email address in the username.
- Type your email password in the appropriate field.
- Click the Sync icon to select which items should be synchronized (Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes) and to schedule a sync interval.
- Click OK.
The Funambol Sync Client for Microsoft Outlook is now configured to sync with SmarterMail. For more information on how to sync your SmarterMail mailbox with outlook, refer to the KB article How To -- Synchronize SmarterMail Accounts with Outlook Using SyncML.
For more information, please refer to the SmarterMail Online Help.
Learn more about the SmarterMail secure business email server.