Mailing lists are a good way to send a message or series of messages to many people at once. For example, many companies use mailing lists to email newsletters, promotional offers, or information about product updates to subscribers.
There are two primary methods for adding subscribers to a mailing list: (1) If there are only a few emails to add to the mailing list, domain administrators or moderators can manually add subscribers. (2) If there are a large number of emails to add to a mailing list, domain administrators or moderators can upload a .CSV file that lists all of the subscriber emails.
Follow these steps to manually add individual subscribers to a mailing list:
- Log in to SmarterMail as the domain administrator.
- Click Domain Settings in the Settings dropdown.
- Click Mailing Lists. A list of available mailing lists will load in the content pane.
- Click on the desired mailing list. The mailing list settings will load in the content pane.
- Click the Subscribers tab content pane toolbar. A list of subscribers to this mailing list will load in the content pane.
- Click New.
- In the Email Address field, type the subscriber(s) email address(es), one per line.
- Click Save.
For help uploading a .CSV file of multiple contacts to a mailing list, refer to the KB article Upload Multiple Subscribers to Mailing Lists.