In order for SmarterMail to function for more than 10 mailboxes or more than one domain, the product must be activated using a valid license key. In addition, if SmarterMail is moved to another server the product many need to be reactivated. NOTE: Activation of a license key requires the server to contact SmarterTools over port 443 (HTTPS). Please ensure that any firewall or internet security software you have installed allows an outgoing TCP port 443 request. Please ensure FIPS compliant is disabled
For new installations of SmarterMail, you can activate your license key during the Setup Wizard.
If you were previously running the Free edition or if you are upgrading the number of domains, edition, or version, follow these steps to activate SmarterMail:
- Log in to SmarterMail as the system administrator. The default username is admin and the default password is admin.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click Licensing from the menu on the left.
- Click the Activate button at the top of this screen.
- Type the license key in the License Key field.
- Click Next.
- Type the email address and password associated with your SmarterTools account in the appropriate fields.
- Click OK.
Congratulations, you have activated your installation of SmarterMail. To confirm activation, you can return to the licensing screen to ensure the edition, version, and license information has been updated.