I have been running a SmarterMail server pretty unsuccessfully for quite a while. I am on a VPS server at Newtek (aka Crystal Tech in the old days). I had an archaic machine and installation of SmarterMail but finally upgraded to a more current machine:
- SmarterMail Pro - v11.4.4926
- Windows 2008 R2 Datacenter
- 3gb RAM
I also run IIS on this machine + serve a small number of sites (~15-20).
I think I disabled ClamAV at one point, but I'm honestly not sure nor do I recall how to check that.
My questions are:
1) How do find out why it's taking up so much ram?
2) The service stops itself periodically + randomly, but I can't find anything in the Windows Event Log. Where do I look for clues as to "why"? I assume it has to do with the memory utilization.
3) My mails are generally slow to be delivered coming and/or going out. Where do I look for "whys" for this?