SmarterTrack Forms are a customizable and consistent way of collecting information from users that would otherwise be manually requested. Administrators can use a number of different data types - including headers and labels, multiple selection lists, long response textboxes, yes/no checkboxes and more - to create a customized form for gathering whatever information they need. Once a form has been created, agent can send the form from a ticket or live chat, and users will have a secure way to send back the requested information.
Follow these steps to create a Form in SmarterTrack Enterprise:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Under the Configuration header, click Forms. A list of existing forms will load in the content pane.
- Click the New button in the content pane toolbar. A pop up window will open.
- On the Details tab, enter the following details:
- Form Name - The friendly name of the form. This is what agents will see when sending the form via tickets or live chats and what users will see as the Form's page title in the browser tab.
- Form Link Text - The link text you want the user to see, to entice them to click the link. For example, "New User Setup Information" or "New Vendor Registration Form". This is the text used by the #FormLink# variable that's included with the email and chat introduction text.
- Thank You Header - The header text that appears at the top of the "Thank you" page that's displayed once a user fills out the form.
- Thank You Text - The full text that appears on the "Thank You" page that's displayed once a user fills out the form.
- Chat Introduction - This is the text that appears when a form is introduced via live chat. Generally, this text should be short and to-the-point, so the text box is basic, without customization options. The "Form Link Text" that's set will appear within the introduction. Therefore, the #FormLink# variable MUST be included somewhere within this text.
- Email Introduction - This is the email that will be sent to users when the form is requested. This text can be longer and more stylized as it's sent as a reply to the ticket. Just as with the "Chat Introduction", the "Form Link Text" that's set will need to appear somewhere within this text using the #FormLink# variable.
- Next, click the Fields tab. Fields are, essentially, the questions you want to ask, items you want to collect, etc. Form fields are like survey questions: you add the items you want to collect and arrange them on the page in the order you want the information collected.
- Click the Add Field button from the toolbar to add fields to the form. Then use the up/down arrows to adjust the order of the fields, if necessary. The following field types are available:
- Header - Text that will appear on the form as an <h2> header.
- Informational - Text that will appear as a label on the form. This is, more or less, introductory text that is not filled out by the user.
- Multiple Selection - Allows users to select one or more options from a list.
- Single Selection - Allows users to select one option from a list.
- Short Response - Allows users to enter a small amount of text in response to your question or statement.
- Long Response - Allows users to enter a larger amount of text in response to your question or statement
- Yes / No - Allows users to select yes or no in response to your question.
- Checkbox - Allows user to checkmark a statement or question. For example, this could be used to gather consent. ("I accept the Terms and Conditions as outlined in this form.")
- Email Address - Allows users to enter a valid email address.
- Once all fields have been added and are in the correct order, click Save.
- The pop up window will close, and the preview pane will display what a user will see when they open the form.
Important items to note:
- Only the assigned agent can send a form via live chat or ticket.
- A user will be prevented from completing a form if the corresponding ticket is Closed and Locked, the corresponding live chat has ended, the ticket or live chat has been deleted, the form has been deleted, or if that form link has already been used to submit the form.
- The form URL will use the first hostname listed in the corresponding brand's Hostname settings. The form URL will only be redirected to HTTPS if 'Force all Traffic Over HTTPS' is enabled for the installation.