Bandwidth and email throttling allow system administrators to limit the quantity of data that a SmarterMail mail server transmits and/or accepts within a specified period of time. In addition to delaying or rejecting messages, administrators can use domain events to be notified when a domain or user has been throttled.
Follow these steps to create an event to notify of domain/user throttling:
- Log into SmarterMail as the Domain Administrator.
- Click the Domain Settings icon.
- Click Events from the side panel.
- Click the New button in the content pane toolbar. The event settings will load in the content pane.
- On the General card, add an Event Name, make sure the Event Status is set to Enabled, change the Event Category to Throttling and change the Event Type to either Domain Throttled or User Throttled.
- Next, set your Event Conditions by clicking on the New Condition button on the Conditions card. These settings are up to you, but each Condition you set must be met before the Event will fire.
- Next, set up your Actions by clicking the New Actions button on the Actions card.
- From the Action menu, choose the way you'd like to be notified. Use My Notification Profile will send an email using the contact information from the Domain Administrator's notification profile in account settings. Send Email will send an email to whatever address specified. (Separate addresses by comma or semi-colon or use an email alias to notify multiple people.)
- Configure the remain Action settings as desired and click Save.
- Click Save again to save the entire event.