On occasion, a system administrator may need to rename a domain in SmarterMail. This is a useful feature if the company has a name or branding change.
NOTE: If you rename a domain, users will have to adjust any desktop or mobile clients to use the new domain name. While SmarterMail changes the domain name internally, it can not push the name change to email clients directly. Those have to be updated manually.
Follow these steps to rename a SmarterMail domain:
- Log into SmarterMail as the System Administrator.
- Click the Manage icon.
- Select the desired domain in the navigation pane. The domain settings will load in the content pane.
- Click the Actions (...) button.
- From the dropdown menu, select Rename Domain. A modal will open.
- In the New Domain Name field, enter the new domain name and click Save. (Clicking Save will confirm and process the name change.)
- Adjust any other desired domain settings.
- Once complete, be sure to click Save.