Mailing lists are a good way to send a message or series of messages to many people at once. For example, many companies use mailing lists to email newsletters, promotional offers, or send information about product updates to subscribers. To ensure proper management of mailing lists, the domain administrator should assign a list moderator. Mailing list moderators can add/remove subscribers, post messages to the mailing list, edit mailing list settings, and more.
For information on creating a Mailing list, please refer to the KB article, Create a Mailing List.
To enable mailing lists for a domain, please refer to the KB article, Enable Mailing Lists for Domains.
Follow these steps to specify a moderator for a mailing list:
- Log in as the domain administrator.
- Click the Domain Settings icon.
- When the Domain Settings page loads, click Mailing Lists in the navigation pane.
- A list of all current mailing lists will load in the content pane.
- Click on a particular mailing list to load that list's Options.
- To specify a moderator, look at the Options card and select the appropriate user from the Moderator dropdown list. NOTE: If the domain has more than 500 users, this will be a text box.
- Once you've selected the Moderator, be sure to click Save.
All other settings are optional.