On occasion, a system administrator may need to rename a user in SmarterMail. This is a useful feature in the event that an employee has a name change due to marriage or if email naming conventions change in a company.
NOTE: A Domain Administrator cannot rename their own account, and a System Administrator cannot rename an account they are currently impersonating.
Follow these steps to rename a SmarterMail user:
- Log into SmarterMail as either the System or Domain Administrator. (If logged in as the System Admin, you can manage the domain with the user requiring the rename or impersonate that domain's administrator.)
- Click on the Domain Settings icon.
- Click Accounts. Then make sure to click the Users tab.
- Select the user to rename.
- Click the Actions (...) button.
- In the dropdown menu, click Rename. A modal will open.
- In the New Username field, enter the new username and click Save. (Clicking Save will confirm and process the name change.)
- Adjust any other desired user settings.
- Once all changes are made, be sure to click Save.