SmarterMail automatically removes subscribers from a mailing list if the list receives 3 email address bounces in a row. (This is an automated setting and is not editable.) Domain administrators can set up a notification to be alerted via email or standard SmarterMail notification when a subscriber has been automatically removed because the list received 3 bounce backs from that user.
Follow the steps below to setup a notification for these events:
- Log into SmarterMail as the domain administrator.
- Click on the Domain Settings icon.
- When the Domain Settings menu loads, click Events. A list of existing Events will load in the content pane.
- Click New in the content pane toolbar.
- In the Event Name field, type a name for the event.
- Event Status should be Enabled in order for the event to be live.
- In the Event Category field, choose Mailing List.
- In the Event Type field, choose Mailing List Bounce Removal.
- Configure any other desired Conditions by clicking the New Condition button. These can include the time of the day or the mailing list email address.
- Configure your Actions by clicking the New Action button.
- In the Action field, select the action that SmarterMail should perform when the event is triggered.
- Once you've configured your Conditions and Actions, be sure to click Save.