When a mailing list subscriber receives a certain number of bounces from mailing list postings, the subscriber is automatically removed from all mailing lists. Domain administrators can set up an event notification to be alerted when this automatic removal occurs.
Note: The Bounces Before Removal setting defaults to 3 bounces before removal. However, domain administrators can modify this threshold in the General domain settings. When a subscriber meets the specified threshold, they will be removed from ALL subscribed lists.
Follow the steps below to be notified when a subscriber has met the bounce threshold and been automatically removed from all lists:
- Log into SmarterMail as the domain administrator.
- Click on the Domain Settings icon.
- In the navigation pane, click Events. A list of existing domain Events will load in the content pane.
- Click New in the content pane toolbar.
- In the Event Name field, type a name for the event.
- Event Status should be Enabled in order for the event to be live.
- In the Event Category field, choose Mailing List.
- In the Event Type field, choose Mailing List Bounce Removal.
- Configure any other desired Conditions by clicking the New Condition button. These can include the time of the day or the mailing list email address.
- Configure your Actions by clicking the New Action button.
- In the Action field, select Send a notification or Send an email. Modify the message as desired.
- Once you've configured your Conditions and Actions, be sure to click Save.