The ability to display mailing lists and aliases in the Global Address List (GAL) can make it easier for users to send messages to either. That said, allowing Mailing Lists to show in the GAL is generally not a recommended practice UNLESS all users of the domain are allowed as Posters to the list. To see how to lock down a mailing list, see the article on how to Add Whitelisted Posters to a Mailing List.
Follow these steps to include mailing lists and aliases in the GAL:
- Log in to SmarterMail as the domain administrator.
- Click on the Domain Settings icon.
- From the settings menu, select Settings. The general settings will display in the content pane.
- On the User Options (Enterprise Only) card, you'll see 2 options with toggles:
- To include mailing lists in the GAL, enable the toggle for Include mailing lists in the Global Address List.
- To include aliases in the GAL, enable the toggle for Include aliases in the Global Address List.
- Click Save.