The Cyren Zero-hour Antivirus service identifies viruses based on their unique distribution patterns and provides a complementary shield to SmarterMail's conventional and built-in antivirus technology, protecting mailboxes in the earliest moments of malware outbreaks and continuing protection as each new variant emerges.
To begin using the antivirus service, you'll need to:
- obtain proper licensing by purchasing the service or starting a trial, then
- enable Cyren Zero-hour Antivirus in your security settings.
Obtaining proper licensing for Cyren Zero-hour Antivirus
Cyren Zero-hour Antivirus is associated to a specific SmarterMail license key at the time of purchase and is offered as an annual subscription for licenses with active Upgrade Protection. To purchase the license add-on, get in touch with a sales representative or modify your license at the SmarterTools shopping cart. Note: After purchasing the Cyren Zero-hour Antivirus subscription, you must Reactivate SmarterMail in order to refresh your installation's license limits.
(To test the Cyren Zero-hour Antivirus service before purchasing the add-on, feel free to Activate a Free Trial for Cyren Zero-hour Antivirus.)
Enabling Cyren Zero-hour Antivirus
Follow these steps to enable Cyren Zero-hour Antivirus in your security settings:
- Log into SmarterMail as a System Administrator.
- Click the the Settings icon.
- Click on Antivirus.
- Find the Cyren Zero-hour Antivirus card and slide the toggle to the right next to Enable Cyren Zero-hour Antivirus.
- Use the following 3 dropdown lists to choose the default action taken on a message when Cyren determines the it has a medium, high, or definite probability of containing a virus.
- Click Save.
- Cyren is now enabled on your server.