For better security, SmarterMail allows the creation of multiple system administrator accounts. This allows you to have a system administrator account for anyone who requires access without having them share a single account and password. In addition to giving better control over who can log in with full access, it also it allows you to set additional permissions, such as restricting which IP Addresses can log in to each account, who can retrieve user passwords with Web services, etc.
To create an additional system administrator follow these steps:
- Log into SmarterMail as the primary system administrator.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Click System Administrators in the navigation pane. A list of existing system administrators will load in the content pane.
- Click New in the content pane toolbar.
- Give the new administrator a username and password. All other settings are optional.
- Click Save.
For more information, please refer to the SmarterMail Online Help.