Creating an email signature allow users to sign their emails and include information that can be useful to other users receiving the email. For example, email signatures may include alternative contact details, pertinent job titles and company names, social media links, legal disclaimers or other important information.
Follow these steps to create a signature in SmarterMail:
- Log in to SmarterMail as a user.
- Click the Settings icon and click Settings from the menu.
- When the Settings load, click on the Signatures menu item.
- Here, you'll see 2 cards: Signatures and Mappings. To create a new signature, click the New Signature button on the Signatures card.
- In the Name field, type the name of the signature.
- Type the content of the signature in the text box.
- Click Save.
- Click Save again.
After you've created the new signature, you'll want to map it to an account. This is especially useful if you have set up SMTP Accounts or are using user and/or domain aliases. The ability to Map a signature means you can create different signatures that are attached to your primary SmarterMail login. To add a Signature Mapping to an included account, first find the account in the list under Mappings. Once you found the account, select a signature from the dropdown to match the account. Be sure to save your Settings once you're done.
For help specifying which signature to use in messages, refer to the KB article Change the Signature in Email Messages.