In newer versions of SmarterTrack, the Social networking sites that are available to use for sharing news items or knowledge base articles are set by default. In addition, the ability to share these items is enabled by default. That's because that, these days, there are only a few social sites that contribute to 99% of the sharing across the internet. Therefore, the sites listed and available should accommodate the vast majority of businesses and users as sites such as Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and others are available.
To disable social media sharing of news items and knowledge base articles, do the following:
- Log in to the management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Manage header click Brands. A list of your Brands will display in the content pane.
- Select a Brand, then click the Edit button. (Alternatively you can double click the Brand name.)
- Click the Portal Options tab, and uncheck the box next to Display social network links. This will remove the sharing options.
- Click the Save button.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s helpdesk system, which includes live chat, a self service portal and knowledge base software.