Using Google Maps integration with live chat allows Agents to see where a customer is located. When enabled, the map will display a zoomable world (or country) map with the location of the customer pinpointed. The Who's On feature in SmarterTrack also uses the same map technology to pinpoint the location of website visitors.
NOTE: The Map URL can be left as the default and is provided in case Google changes the URL in the future.
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Configuration header select Connected Services.
- Go to the Integrations tab.
- Select Google from the dropdown next to Map Provider.
- If you have a Google Developer API key, enter it. Otherwise, click the Instructions for obtaining an API Key hyperlink to view the steps on how to create a key. (You will need to use an existing Google account or create a new one to proceed.)
- Once you have obtained the key please copy and paste into the Google API Key field.
- Click the Save button.
For more information, please refer to the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s email ticket system and how it will help you improve your customer service.