Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL will need to be installed prior to installing SmarterTrack. This is to ensure SmarterTrack has a database to connect to during setup. In the case of MySQL, a default database should be created. In addition, SmarterTrack requires .NET 4.5 Framework in order to function properly. Ensure both of these items are installed prior to installing SmarterTrack.
Then follow these steps to install SmarterTrack on a dedicated server:
- Download the SmarterTrack full installer files from the SmarterTrack Download page.
- Run the SmarterTrack installer.
- Review the End User License Agreement (EULA) and accept the terms of the EULA to continue.
- Unless you choose a different installation folder, the default installation path will be C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterTrack\.
- After the InstallShield Wizard runs, SmarterTrack is installed. You will now need to run and complete the Setup Wizard.
Running the Setup Wizard
After the InstallShield Wizard is finished installing SmarterTrack, the Setup Wizard will open. The Setup Wizard will walk you through the connection and initialization of the database, the activation of the product, initial department and account creation, and default SMTP configuration. Once you have completed the Setup Wizard, the system will automatically log you in to the portal as the administrator.
Learn more about the SmarterTrack online help desk and how you can improve your overall customer service.