SmarterTrack includes several different templates for system emails. These templates are predefined and no new templates can be created. However, the templates can be modified to fit a company’s needs. For example, each template contains default language. While this language may suit some companies, others may want to simplify it or add additional information, such as alternative avenues for support or details on how to perform a specific task. In these cases, being able to edit the system emails is a crucial feature.
To edit a system email, do the following:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Configuration header, click Email.
- Click on the Templates tab. A list of email templates will load in the content pane.
- Select the email template to be modified.
- Click the Edit button in the content pane toolbar. The email template will load in a modal window.
- Edit the text of the email template as necessary.
- Once complete, click the Save button.
NOTE: A different set of variables is associated to each template. To see which variables can be inserted into the selected template, use the variables drop-down menu in the editor's toolbar. When a variable is inserted into the text of the email template, it will look like this: [%EMAIL%].
For more information, refer to the Email Templates page in the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s live chat, self service portal and knowledge base software.